Friday, November 20, 2009

Artist Interview with Symbolic Realism Painter Nick Japaridze


Nick Japaridze: Symbolic Realism Art
Interview:
1. How did you get interested in being an artist and what are you thinking when you are painting?
-"I first became interested in being an artist when simply I took some brushes, mixed various color paints, put them on canvas and let my soul bleed out onto the canvas...I realized I get amazing pleasure out of this when I put my heart and soul into creating something out of nothing and not being worrying about the outcome of it."
2. Are there any other famous artists/painters who have influenced you and/or your work?
-"Picasso, Klimt, and Jan Van Eyck's oil painting techniques have inspired my creativity a great deal; I used to love the old works of these artists with their masterful sketches and compositions and their great prestige to the humanitarians and artists all around the world."

3. What are some of your other interests apart from painting?
-"I like listening to meditation music and reading books about art."

4. What advice would you give to an artist just starting out?
-"Only be an artist from the soul, don’t lose and spend time on other things and be very honest in your art."

5. Several of the objects in your paintings seem to have symbolic meanings-Are these symbols represented in such a way to tell a story or just for decorative meanings?
-"Yes I include a lot of symbols in my works. I like to put them together to tell a story but also to represent symbolic meanings within themselves. One of my primary goals is to see how the public interprets these symbols and their meanings in life.

















 





No comments:

Post a Comment